Visit Some of the Fun of Events of Past Years by Clicking on the Links Below:Summer Events of 2015 Events of 2007
To View Events Prior to 2004 Please Use the Drop Down Menu
*Buffy's 2004 NASTAR Ski Racing Ranking
*John's 2004 NASTAR Ski Racing Ranking
Go for it!
"Another Rotten Day in Heaven. Some Body Has to Do It So It Might As Well Be Us!"
To share an idea or comment with Buffy & John click HERE!
Summer & Fall Events of 2016
* Well we did it. The last Crystal Cup Qualifier was played in September, and Buffy & John won the Couples Division to qualify for the end of the year championship. It was also fun to take advantage of the free romantic evinging at the Grand Cascades Hotel won by Buffy during the golf season. More photos of the Crystal Springs Qualifier can be seen by clicking HERE.
* Well she did it. John has been taking his camera when the two play golf expecting that Buffy would get a hole-in-one. He wanted to be able to record the event when it occurred. On Sunday, September 25, 2016 golf history was made. Buffy scored her 1st hole-in-one on the par 3 2nd hole of the Wild Turkey Golf Club and John was able to photograph the event.
* A highlight of the summer was the visit of our Olympian friend Michael Voudouras following his return from the Summer Olympics in Rio. Another memorable event was dinner at the outdoor restaurant called the Chef's Garden located at the lower level of the Grand Cascades Hotel at the Crystal Springs Resort.
*Hard to believe it is September and another Anniversary which we routinly celebrate playing golf at Buffy's favorite golf course, Ballyowen Golf Club. We are blessed. We have had a regular, but strange visitor to our hummingbird feeder, a woodpecker that thinks he's a humming bird.
*Getting together to celebrate life and birthdays is always fun. Portofino's Restaurant on Birkshire Valley Road is a favorite place to celebrate. We also recieve a Birthday voucher as Members of Minerals Spa which we use to celebrate our birthdays even though our birthdays are in March. Talk about stretching the party.
* Golf continues to be fun. Buffy and John compete in the Crystal Springs monthly Crystal Cup Qualifying Tournaments in the hope of qualifying for the end of year championship. Both have won skill prizes; Buffy for Ladies Longest Drive and John closest to the pin.
* The 21st 2016 Poppa Lou Golf Classic was held on Saturday, July 16th at the Blackhead Mountain Golf Resort. It was a blast! Check out the photographs posted on Facebook in the album "2016 21st Annual Poppa Lou Golf Classic". The 22nd is scheduled for Saturday, July 15, 2017. Mark your calendar and join us.
* The golf season continue with Buffy dominating the season long competition between Buffy and John and winning prizes at the Crystal Springs Crystal Cup Championships. It is always fun to get out and play in another fun event with friends as we did with Joel and Jennifer at the BIG Friday at Black Bear GC.
* The 22nd HV Closed was held on Saturday, May 14th at the Hidden Acres Golf Course with the usual suspects enjoying the event and the party after at the Flat Brook Tap House. Team Whiting tied with a 5 under par 65 but came in 2nd on a match of cards. Winnings and money from the raffle was donated to the Adaptive Sports Program at Mountain Creek in the name of the HV Closed and passed friends, Matt McDermott, Chris Heidebrect and Jack Powers. It was another rotten day in Heaven!
* With the 22nd HV Closed Golf Classic coming we decided to take a trip south to practice our golf game. We spent 5 days at the Orange Lake Resort and played 5 rounds of golf at the 2 Resort courses: Legends and Reserve. Guess who won? Buffy won 5 - 0 with John taking honors for closest to the pin and low putts on a couple of days. It was fun!
* As the days get warmer Buffy and John are balancing between preparing for the 22nd Annual Hidden Valley Closed Golf Classic scheduled for May 14th and the 21st Poppa Lou Golf Classic scheduled for Saturday July 16th and having fun playing golf and enjoying some of the local hot spots like the Airport Pub with friends. We played in the 1st Crystal Cup Golf Tournament on April 20th and finished 2nd in our Division and stopped by the Airport Pub to have a few adult beverages on Saturday April 30th.